Friday, July 20, 2012

3rd Day Reflection

Two heroes, Carlo and Mark, appeared on either side of me and valiantly protected me against my enemies - ignorance and incompetency.  It was a much better experience today because I could actually keep up; the result of their guidance.  Whether I can translate that into action flying solo remains to be seen.  There was a lot to cover today so it's somewhat of a blur at present - social bookmarking, Google docs and all the lovely Google apps.  I don't know how people assimilate that volume of material but they seem to do so.   I don't comment much on the value of interactive Web tools to libraries and librarians because the value is patently obvious.  I do realize that it widens the digital divide between those who can navigate it and those who can't.  As I write this I'm listening to the news from Aurora, CO.  Newscasters mentioned the immediacy of a shared reaction resulting from social networking.

2 comments:

  1. The pressure, now I need to think of a superhero name. And your going to be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect you to arrive with a cape on Monday! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete